Sunday, November 19, 2006

Merry Christmas! Already!

We have a Christmas tree! So I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, and I know my mom will probably never forgive me for setting up the tree before December, but we did it anyway. We saw it at Cole's (the grocery store) for $9.98, which is like 8 dollars US. Including ornaments, tinsel, and lights! So of course we had to get it. And I told Jon that we HAD to wait until after Thursday (which I'm pretty sure is Thanksgiving) to set it up. But after dinner (which was a basil pasta that we made from scratch, which turned out pretty well), I just couldn't wait any longer. So here are my excuses:
1) Australians don't celebrate Thanksgiving, therefore it has no bearing on Christmas (although we have been talking about the menu for Thursday, and are considering inviting people over for it... not that we actually know any Americans that we like.)
2) Cole's has had Christmas decorations and Christmas food (seriously, like "Merry Christmas" cakes) out since early October
3)Tusa already had their Christmas party (ridiculous pictures to come!)
4) Mom already sent us advent calendars
5) Most importantly, we are leaving Australia in like three weeks, so we needed sufficient time to enjoy the tree
and also 6) Jon and I won't be spending Christmas together, so we had to get it in now

So whatever, those are my excuses. Mostly I am still an impatient little kid and I wanted to set it up. And you know what? I'm happy with it.


Fake tiny tree...

Plus decorations...

And lights!.... (ps. Jon is shirtless because it is HOT because it is summer here. Which is totally wrong for Christmas.)

Equals Christmas! Yay!

So now we are listening to the Mormons singing Christmas carols and Messiah and all that, and I feel very Christmas-y. Now it's time to plan the Thanksgiving menu! Bye! I'll post ridiculous Tusa Dive Christmas party pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree- and your time frame is just right. If you assume that you have to have 25 days to enjoy the tree, you may even be a little late! Enjoy!!! OXOX