Sunday, August 03, 2008

19 hours later...

Well, that worked better the second time around. My passport made it back to Atlanta by seven on Friday morning. By the way, if you're ever in a passport/visa-related pinch, I definitely recommend Texas Tower. Seriously, it was about a thirty-six hour turnover (Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning) to get the extra pages in my passport. It wasn't cheap, but it was amazingly fast, and they totally put up with Mom and me asking them to call when they got it, call again when they sent it, etc. I was impressed.

So I flew from Atlanta to Dakar, Senegal (didn't even get off the plane) to Johannesburg. The flight was as easy as it could have been, I had my own TV with on-demand, so that was cool. 27 Dresses was better than I thought, Horton Hears a Who was pretty awful. I did some knitting (I'm making a hat) and slept for a good chunk of the flight (yay for Ambien). Now I'm at my hotel, which was like 2 minutes from the airport and is pretty nice. I worked out, took a shower, and now I'm watching Discovery Channel (sadly, I don't think it's shark week here). All in all, it went as well as it could have. And I should be in Mossel Bay tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You made it!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you finally made it.... keep us posted!