Monday, October 16, 2006

Hi... whoever.

I decided to start a blog. I can't really give a good reason why, except that I was inspired by some of my friends, and I, at least, think my life is interesting. I don't think I'm a great writer, especially since I've spent the last few years writing mostly scientific papers. At the moment, I'm not sure I'll even tell people about this. But I decided I might as well start somewhere, and maybe I will deem it interesting enough to share.

So why do I think I'm interesting? I tend to get around (not like that...). Right now I'm living in Cairns, which is in the northeastern part of Australia. Most importantly, it's right by the Great Barrier Reef. I'm a scuba instructor, and I work for a company called Tusa Dive. I also just finished a degree in Marine Biology at UCLA. I live with my boyfriend, Jon, which is always interesting and usually pretty fun. We cook a lot, and we read a good bit, and we spend a lot of time laying around playing on our respective laptops... like right now. We both have Macs, his is black and mine is silver, his is big and mine is little.... we're very cute.

Right, the title. It comes from my favorite nerdy little kid joke (I have Jon to thank for telling it to me): What do you call a fish with no eye? Fshhhhhhhhhh. And it works with the diving and marine bio stuff. Get it? Whatever, I think I'm clever.

This is me! (because I needed to upload a picture for my profile and shutterfly apparently has URLs that are too long. I am such a nerd.)

Anyway, I'm off to play with formatting and stuff, hypothetical readers. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi boo boo- I love your blog- keep writing...OXOX Mom

Anonymous said...

Darling Tricia, I love your blog!!! It makes us feel so close to you, and we look forward to frequent reports. Have fun, and don't work too hard. I love you, Mimi